We are seeking a resourceful strategic sourcing manager to develop and implement improved strategic sourcing policies. You will be obtaining quotes, creating forecasts, and negotiating cost-effective contracts with key suppliers at our manufacturing facility in Hammondsport, NY.
Strategic Sourcing Manager Responsibilities:
- Obtain quotes according to customer specifications, focusing on value, quality and delivery time.
- Negotiate contracts with key suppliers, including costs and terms of supply, service, and quality.
- Collaborate with the purchasing and engineering departments to identify and pursue new supplier opportunities.
- Drive purchasing decisions based on cost and scenario analysis, as well as market trends.
- Evaluate sourcing procedures and present improvement strategies to senior management for approval.
- Conduct market research, as well as creating cost estimates and forecasts.
- Maintain strategic sourcing relationships and develop strong partnerships.
Strategic Sourcing Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in business, economics, finance, logistics, or in a related field preferred.
- Minimum four years’ procurement experience in a related industry, eight years preferred.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Monday to Friday
- Procurement: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location